This release includes support for more detailed error messages on object
submission, several stability improvements to the HTTP and symbol management
subsystems and a new session management sub-system. This version of coronerd
crdb >= 0.56.0.
Features and Improvements
A new synchronous post feature has been introduced. If an API token has
the object post and synchronous post capability both set, then it is
possible to trigger a more verbose path for object submission by setting
_mod_sync set to
1. It is also possible to use this flag for session
Objects that are successfully processed will return a message that indicates:
- The fingerprint of the object.
- Whether the object is the first item with that fingerprint.
- The object identifier.
- The receive identifier.
On error, a more detailed error message will be returned describing why the error has occurred.
A new session subsystem has been introduced, which amongst other things, allows for improved observability into user sessions, improved logging and more secure token generation.
A side-effect of this mechanism is both host-based, cookie-based, header-based and query-string based authentication is now consistently supported across the various HTTP interfaces.
morgue sub-command has been introduced,
morgue session, which
allows for interaction with these new features.
Learn more here.
- Several stability improvements to the HTTP sub-system.
- Stability improvements to symbol management for minidump if a large number of symbol tags are concurrently mutated or if a large number of symbol tags already exist.